Summer heat is fraught with no less dangers than winter ice. Therefore, you need to prepare carefully for the season. In addition to putting the car in the shade, and always have a supply of water with you, there are a few important rules that will make your life easier.
- Do not rush to get into the car. Before rushing to get into the red-hot salon, open the doors and let it air out for a couple of minutes. This is due not only to the risk of heat stroke, but also to the fact that when heated, plastic releases toxic substances. If the car has stood in the sun for a long time, their concentration may exceed a safe rate..
- Do not turn on the air conditioner immediately. This should not be done because it also accumulates a certain amount of hazardous substances. Therefore, ideally, before you get into the car, open the doors for 2-3 minutes, then, without closing them, turn on the air conditioner and only after 2-3 minutes get behind the wheel. So, after spending only 5 minutes, you will save your health, and the car will quickly return to normal temperature.
- Finally get ready for the summer! Simple things like sunscreens and good car glasses can help a lot on a hot summer day. If you are often in the car, your work or family vacation is associated with it, then you should take care of curtains or stickers on the glass. A purchase that you probably will not regret is a mini fridge that will make it more enjoyable not only to drive time but also to relax in nature.
- Check the car before driving. Pay particular attention to the condition of the cooling system and the amount of cooler. This will help to avoid sudden overheating..
- Let the engine cool. At the extremely high temperature that we observe this summer, engine boiling is very common. If you went on a long road but feel that the car is starting to overheat, it is better to stop and let it cool. The main thing at the same time, never immediately open the tank with coolant.
- Give up high speed. In hot weather, races can lead to overheating of discs or pads, and your brakes simply fail or brake fluid boils as an option.
- Do not refuel a full tank. At high temperatures, fuel (gasoline and diesel) tend to expand, which means that it can leak out and cause a fire.
- Try not to brake sharply. When the asphalt literally melts, sudden braking can cause the car to suffer.
- Refuse personal transport. No matter how trite, but there are days when it is safer to change to public transport or taxi. Especially if there is no way to park the car in the shade near work.
- Wash your car more often. Fallen leaves, bird droppings and other small debris can seriously spoil the paintwork. If the leaf lies on the body for too long under the scorching sun, the paint on the car will burn out unevenly.
How to polish your headlights yourself
How to polish your headlights yourself Over time, the headlight glass darkens, becomes cloudy and becomes scratched. We’ll show you how to restore your…
Simple recommendations that will protect your car from theft
Simple recommendations that will protect your car from theft Let’s find out how you can protect the car from theft and quickly find it if the theft still…
How to protect yourself from cheating when buying a new car
How to protect yourself from cheating when buying a new car Choose a new car and decide on the amount you want to spend? Look, don’t overpay! We’ll show…
How to protect a car in the heat? Service and car care – Car maintenance – A variety of tips for motorists – Everything for a car in St. Petersburg
How to protect a car in the heat? Although in Russia a large part of the territory is the North and the heat is not frequent here, we still have southern…