How to independently determine that the shock absorbers are worn out.
Many motorists do not even suspect why their car became worse “behave” when braking. The reason for this may come from where it was not expected.
A vehicle may exhibit “poor” braking not only due to “baldness” of tires or deterioration of the braking mechanism. Shock absorbers can also cause an “extended” braking distance. On the most insignificant irregularities, the wheel “hangs” over the road, not having time to cling to the surface, and because of this, the braking acceleration becomes less.
The peculiarity of this technical unit is that the shock absorbers, as a rule, wear out gradually, and therefore the car owner can not always detect the decrease in its working capacity in time. However, there are several methods that will determine that it’s time to take your “swallow” for diagnosis.
- The car sways while overcoming bumps;
- The suspension often breaks through;
- When there is a sharp wheel up or down, the impact of the lever on the rebound buffer becomes more rigid and noticeable;
- There is a popular method: shake the car up and down. If after you stop influencing it, it will continue to oscillate (at least one or two movements), then the shock absorbers are worn out;
- An external inspection of the shock absorbers revealed traces of fluid leakage, although this may not occur in modern machines using gas-oil mixtures.
The main consequences of the extreme wear of such important elements as shock absorbers are quite unsafe. The thing is that this defect leads to a lengthening of the braking distance and can create difficulty in controlling the machine. The best way to check the condition of shock absorbers is to visit a specialized vibration stand that will give answers to many questions..
Five signs of shock absorber wear
Five signs of shock absorber wear How to independently determine that the shock absorbers are worn out. Many motorists do not even suspect why their car…
6 signs indicating a quick car breakdown Before the failure, the car gives a number of “signals”. But not every driver can notice them in time. This…
Six signs that your car is “short of life”
Six signs that your car is “short of life” The car has high mileage and you think it will never break? Do not rush to conclusions. You may be one step…
The first signs of a malfunction in an automobile generator
The first signs of a malfunction in an automobile generator If you solve the problem of a “tired” battery and a “green” driver, whose experience is a…