Be polite, careful and attentive. At first glance, it sounds like something trivial and taken for granted. However, surprisingly, many neglect elementary car care tips that can actually extend its life..
Be patient during the break-in period
Those who have finally purchased their dream car should not immediately push the gas pedal to the floor and rush along the highway racing with everyone. There are some things to keep in mind if there is no mileage on the car..
– During the break-in period (usually the first 1,500 km), do not exceed the speed of 90 km / h or the speed recommended by the car manufacturer.
– Avoid heavy loads on the drive, such as towing trailers and fully loading the roof rack.
– Do not let the new car stand idle for a long time. In fact, this is good advice for the entire life of the car, but this moment is especially critical during the break-in.
– Use only light and medium acceleration, without raising the engine speed above 3000 in the first few hours of driving.
Drive smoothly, carefully, carefully
Immediately after the break-in period, you should not try to squeeze everything possible out of the car. If you drive carefully every day, the car will “reward” the owner with longer intervals without repair.
– Do not immediately gas from the start. This is a quick way to add several years of engine wear, especially if it’s cold outside..
– From the start you need to go especially carefully, slowly and smoothly. The main engine and transmission wear occurs in the first 10-20 minutes of operation.
– Warming up the engine, standing still, is not a very reasonable idea. The engine does not work at the maximum temperature, which leads to incomplete combustion of the fuel, soot deposits on the cylinder walls, oil pollution and, ultimately, damage to the engine components.
– Reduce the load on the engine and automatic transmission by switching to neutral gear while standing at the traffic light. Otherwise, the engine will try all the time to make the car drive forward, even when the car is standing.
– Avoid driving at high speeds and rapid acceleration, especially when the street is very hot or very cold. This will lead to more frequent repairs..
– Increase tire life through careful driving. It will be useful to observe the established speed limits, to avoid fast descents, stops and turns, potholes and objects on the road. Also, you don’t need to hit the curb with tires every time you park and, of course, you can’t “burn rubber”.
– When turning the steering wheel, you do not need to keep it in the extreme right or left position for more than a few seconds. This may cause damage to the power steering pump..
Refuel at branded and proven gas stations
It is worth asking whether fuel is filtered at gas stations, and pump filters are regularly changed. At some gas stations there are no such filters, that is, there is a high risk of refueling with contaminated gasoline.
Do not refuel immediately after draining fuel
If suddenly a fuel truck is standing near a gas station, which refills tanks at a gas station, then it’s worth not to buy gasoline on this day. When the station’s underground tanks fill up, turbulence can cause sediment. This sediment in gasoline can clog fuel filters and fuel injectors, resulting in poor engine performance, and possibly repair.
Do not gas if stuck
When a car gets stuck in mud or snow, do not make it worse by damaging expensive components. It is necessary to gently rock the car in an attempt to free it from the “captivity”. If you sharply throw the car back and forth, as well as spin the wheels idle in high gear, this will negatively affect the transmission, clutch and differential. It may ultimately be cheaper to call, call a tow truck, rather than risk the possibility of costly repairs..
If the ignition key of the car hangs in conjunction with a dozen other keys, it turns out a very heavy load, which will hang from the ignition. Such weight, combined with bouncing while riding, can lead to wear of the contacts inside the ignition switch and ultimately cause it to malfunction.
Choose a good insurance company
Sometimes, no matter how hard you try to avoid this, accidents happen. It is worthwhile to make sure that after that the car will be repaired in accordance with the best standards. And for this you need to find an insurer who will pay for spare parts from the original manufacturer and guarantee repairs .
7 affordable ways to “extend the life” of your car Be polite, careful and attentive. At first glance, it sounds like something trivial and taken for…
How to “extend the life” of a car clutch
How to “extend the life” of a car clutch Cars with a manual gearbox are equipped with a specific mechanism called the “clutch”. Thus, which adds the…
How to extend the life of the car
How to extend the life of the car Experts estimate that the average age of a foreign car is. How to extend the life of your car? Read expert advice and…
How to extend the “life” of a car muffler
How to extend the “life” of a car muffler As a rule, motorists remember about a muffler only when the car starts to make a monstrous roar, or even…