Briefly recall the first part. The owner of this car turned to us with a complaint about low engine speeds during cold start, its unstable operation at street temperature below minus 5 degrees, as well as a very heavy and long start of a warm engine.
When connected to the engine ECU, the following errors were recorded in memory:
1. Crankshaft position sensor – open circuit (currently not available)
2. Oxygen sensor B1D1 – unreliable resistance of the heater circuit (currently not available)
3. Oxygen sensor B1D2 – implausible signal (currently not available)
4. Regulation of the fuel mixture beyond the maximum limit (available)
5. Multiple misfire detected (currently not available)
By the first mistake, there was only one solution: replacing the crankshaft position sensor. The owner quickly went to the Audi \ Volkswagen original parts store (well done, I respect such owners, not from disassembly, not the original cheap Polish, but the Original! All the owners would be like that!), And our locksmith would quickly replace it.
But to solve problems by errors 2,3,4 and 5, the owner had a choice of four options, I will remind them:
1. Buy and install a new catalytic converter (somehow it’s not very cheap).
2. Since he already has a diagnostic scanner for his car, every time before a cold start, erase errors and reset adaptations (pretty silly and ridiculous, probably it will look, and fuel consumption will still leave much to be desired, the motor anyway, after a few minutes of operation it will go into emergency mode).
3. Throw out this harmful spacer by installing DK2 as standard (yes, P0420 will appear due to catalyst inefficiency, as well as emergency operation, a slight loss of power and a slight increase in consumption, but still the car will behave much better than with a spacer).
4. Correct translation of the ECU program to Euro 2 toxicity standards (in my opinion, this is the most correct and not expensive option, in which the car will behave quite adequately, without any malfunctions and deviations in operation, in dynamics and fuel consumption).
After recording the modified software, reset the remaining errors:
1. Crankshaft position sensor – open circuit (currently not available).
2. Oxygen sensor B1D1 – unreliable resistance of the heater circuit.
5. Multiple misfire detected (currently not available).
Errors: 3 B1D2 oxygen sensor – “unreliable signal” (not currently available) and 4 “Fuel mixture control beyond the maximum limit” (available) we left ourselves, and we reset the adaptations and start the cold engine.
The engine starts easily and confidently, raising the twentieth revolutions a little above 1000 rpm.
Immediately we look at the readings of the CO in the exhaust, they are still the same 2% as last time, when we just before the start erased the errors and adaptations, but with the car warming up and setting the RPM of the XX to 750 (which corresponds to the value of XX warm engine). CO drops to 0.6%, but does not rise as in the first case to 12%.
That is, everything is fine!
Now we remove the connector from DK2 (we no longer need it and instead of it we can screw a steel plug suitable in diameter and thread).
Next, we again contact the engine ECU and check for memory errors:
There are no errors. the engine control unit no longer responds to the absence of DC2.
Next, we look at the activity of lambda regulation for DK1 and DK2:
And as we can see, regulation on DC1 is present, but on DC2 is off, that is, here everything is fine with us too.
If we recall, in the first part, the temperature at DK1 was about 300 degrees Celsius, now now on a heated engine and proper stoichiometry it has grown by almost 100 degrees and is equal to 410 degrees
We also see that the voltage of DC2 is 0 volts, and if you recall, in normal mode there should be a reference 0.450 volts at the break of DC2, which once again proves that DC2 is completely excluded from the configuration.
That’s all. I hope it was interesting and informative for someone.
Let me take my leave, Alexey KUTUN was with you
P0420: catalytic converter low efficiency code
P0420: catalytic converter low efficiency code P0420: catalytic converter low efficiency code The “Check Engine” indicator is on and error code P0420 has…
Specifications audi a6 c5 – parts and repair
Audi a6 c5 technical specifications – repair and maintenance tips Problem places, technical specifications and repair Audi A6 C5 The second-generation…
Audi A4 – new touches and global changes Indeed, the power unit in one of the most expensive versions of the Audi A4 Allroad, functions perfectly: a…
Audi Q3 Audi Q3. The debut of this crossover took place in 2011, but its development began in 2008. From the very first day, this model was conceived not…