Double car – how not to buy a pig in a poke
When buying a used car, each buyer pays attention to the condition of the body, mileage, engine operation, etc. But in the current state of things, lovers of used cars still have to check for a double car.
And now it’s not about Chinese counterparts, but cars that are illegal.
What does “double machines” mean??
A double car, or simply speaking a clone, is a vehicle that was illegally imported into our country and is operated according to a non-native, alien technical passport. Those. on the same data sheet, on the same VIN-number of the body, as a result, there can be 2 cars. Paradox isn’t it?
Doppelgangers can go unnoticed for months, years, but sooner or later they will be revealed and then the poor owners of such machines not only remain without iron horses, but are also under suspicion.
How do auto doubles?
As we already found out, initially doubles are cars that have been stolen abroad or not cleared in the territory of our country, i.e. illegal immigrants. After that, lovers of easy money acquire a data sheet, the remains of a destroyed car of the same model, the main part of which is precisely the Vin number. This unique number is “interrupted” by a clone car, and now our illegal has his own registration certificate. That is, a new car will go on sale according to the documents of the old, liquidated.
Another option is when the same tech passport is simply stolen from a car of the same make and model. The victim, of course, restores his technical passport again, but the attackers again “drive” the donor under the existing documents. That’s exactly how a clone is created, and 2 absolutely identical cars can drive around the country.
Of course, that clones are created exclusively for sale and as a result, the buyer, without knowing it, becomes a victim.
How not to buy a double car?
Of course, that having bought such a car and leaving it for a certain time, you will not prove that you were framed, that you yourself were a victim of scammers. If a double is determined in your hands, only you will be guilty. Therefore, we will give some tips on how to check the car, whether it is a clone:
- As a rule, twin cars are relatively new cars, 3-5 years old, belonging to the middle price category.
- The cost of a double is approximately 40% lower than the market value of a similar car. Therefore, price is the first indicator that you need to focus on. Do not forget about all safety precautions and immediately break down for a purchase if you manage to find an option that is much cheaper than others.
- When getting acquainted with a car, pay attention not only to its condition, but also to the correspondence of the numbers of the body and engine with the data recorded in the data sheet. (Cheap doubles have even a mismatch in this).
- In 90% of cases, doubles are sold by proxy. Sellers, under any pretext, refuse to sell according to the data sheet. If you want to know for sure that you are not the owner of a double – buy a car only by removing-registering, that is, according to the data sheet.
- If for any reason you are not able to buy a car according to the data sheet, check the car at a service center of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, or even better, order a forensic examination of the car. (It costs not much, but this is the most reliable option).
When buying a used car, be very careful, because the number of clone cars is growing steadily every year on our roads, exactly like lovers of making money in an honest way on gullible people.
Buying a used car: how not to buy a “pig in a poke”
Buying a used car: how not to buy a “pig in a poke” We have collected the most common problems with cars, in the presence of which it is better to refuse…
Gas Diesel: Double Economy or Double Problems?
Gas Diesel: Double Economy or Double Problems? – Page 2 How is a gas diesel ? If we compare the operating principles of a gas-gasoline engine and a…
Tricky loopholes “: how to drive b
“Tricky loopholes”: how to drive a used car from August 1 How to get around legal restrictions when importing used cars? Since President Petro Poroshenko…
What to ask when buying a used car
What to ask when buying a used car Before buying a used car, each buyer should clearly state the questions that he will ask the owner. This will lead the…