Drivers getting ready for September 1st!
We still have a few days to prepare for the start of the school year..
The end of summer and the beginning of autumn are always distinguished by a flash of children’s accident on the road. It’s understandable: over the summer, children have lost the habit of urban traffic and relaxed. In addition, it must be remembered that babies often, due to their age characteristics, are not able to correctly calculate the distance to cars traveling on the road. And it may seem to them that the car is still somewhere very far away and you can safely cross the road. And about the fact that the children during the game forget about everything in the world and rush headlong after the ball, they know everything.
Preparation for September 1 must go and drivers. You need to understand that in the coming days the number of children on the roads will increase sharply, and not all of them will behave correctly. Remember – kids can appear in front of the car literally from nowhere.
- Do not exceed speed, especially in small streets and yards!
- We see a child on the road (even if he is just standing) – immediately we are preparing to slow down.
- We wipe the headlights every morning. Even slightly dusty headlights reduce the pedestrian detection distance by 2-3 meters. Not to mention dirty.
- Did the ball roll out onto the road? Emergency braking! Better another car crashes into you from behind than a child is under the wheels.
How to prepare a child
There are not many rules. But they are all important and – as it sounds good – written in blood.
- On clothes, backpacks and so on, there must be mandatory retroreflective elements – the so-called flickers. Flickers are smaller than a vest, but they are enough to mark a child on the road.
- Before school, be sure to go along with the child (even if he already seems to you “adult”) all the way from home to school. In all dangerous places, stop and say what he should do.
- Go all the way again. But this time, let the child tell you what to do, where to look when crossing the road, and so on..
- No headphones! Of course, everyone wants to listen to music, but remember – headphones seriously increase the risk of accidents, because people don’t hear “road noise” (one of the main sources of information). By the way, hoods are also dangerous.
The main “errors” and mistakes of drivers
The main “errors” and mistakes of drivers Among motorists there are many typical misconceptions that they perceive as a correct statement. In fact, they…
The main errors and mistakes of drivers
“The main errors and mistakes” of drivers Among motorists there are many typical misconceptions that they perceive as a correct statement. In fact, they…
Why do drivers blink their headlights?
Why drivers blink headlights? Perhaps you have repeatedly watched while driving, as cars in the oncoming lane blink with headlights. In fact, this is a…
How does car color affect drivers and pedestrians?
How car color affects drivers and pedestrians? Scientists around the world, through research and surveys, have learned that the color of a car affects…