Failure SS4-II Mitsubishi Pajero IV or Put my reputation on the line!
The machine is quite fresh, 2008 release. There are problems with the transfer case control unit, there is a super-select 4 of the second generation. This is already electronic control. The problem is this: the client was going to sell this car. Podshamanil. He brought beauty with polishing rags. He began to sell, but buyers shy away: “Why are you selling? There’s some kind of error on your panel!” Zadolbala error. Trouble icon
transfer case (orange rectangle). Burns and burns. What to do?
Naturally, “hello, car service!”. I went. There they looked and said:
– Blah blah blah … you need to clean the actuator … blow-wash … work for fifteen thousand …
To the client, the price seemed too inadequate. Through acquaintances, acquaintances came to me. Such a normal client. Something is understood in technology. Not annoying. Just asked:
– Let’s see a malfunction? I can’t sell the car, all customers are self-responding.
Why not look. I looked. Rummaged. And I say:
– Your problem is not in the actuator.
On the client’s face, surprise and distrust at the same time. But folds of relief appeared: “… it’s already good. Already not 15 thousand for repairs.” But he is interested in virtue of his literacy:
– Why not an actuator?
– I made a complete diagnosis of the SS4-II control system, checked with a vacuum pump, the operation of the axle actuator – it works. All the limit switches, there are 5 of them – work. And see for yourself: the error “open circuit of control valves for the right axle shaft” hangs. There is either a valve in the open or wires in the open. Well, we must not forget about the control unit razdatkoy. Most often, of course, these are vacuum valves..
– The control unit has nothing to do with it, ”the client confidently stated, and added weightily,“ I read a lot about it. ” There is practically no such malfunction.
– That’s right – “almost never happens.” But I have such suspicions.
The client smirked, saying, “You won’t take me on the chaff. I’m literate and well-read!” But it makes no difference to me. The main thing for me is to understand the malfunction. And when you understand, then the repair will go like clockwork.
The switching valves are the same everywhere … most likely the reason is in them … I check … some garbage …
I am surprised. I give food – they work, they snap out. What then? Then either wiring or the control unit. It has the following verification algorithm: it measures the resistance, in this case it measures the current consumption of these valves and, if the readings exceed the set values, either more or less, it simply turns off the power. Such protection.
The client is no longer left. Call him, explain my thoughts. In response, I hear: “Do not hang noodles on my ears! The control unit in this car is eternal!”.
Honestly, how many have already repaired such cars, not a dozen with this super-select, but I never changed the control unit myself. Do not break. The client is right in his own way. And insists:
– They professionally explained everything to me and assured that the problem is exactly in the valves, the control unit is eternal!
– It’s not a question, – I answer him, – buy valves, I will put them and we’ll run away.
Why I thought to the control unit. We open the scheme:
There are two solenoids, A and B. These are valve solenoids. They receive a constant “plus” to pin 2. To the pin 1 should come a “minus” and the valve is activated. “Minus” manager.
In this case, the control unit measures the passage of current, measures the complete circuit. And if the current is small, then the control unit disconnects the circuit and ignites the error.
He took the device and measured it. What happened: the valve has a resistance of about 40 ohms. 40 and 40 – it turns out about 20 Ohms (parallel connection). We are rude to the values of the ambient temperature, add errors, and so it turns out “about 20 Ohms.” Voltage is 12 volts. This is in the region of 600 mA (rude by another 150-200 mA for different errors and we get about 500 mA). My resistance is satisfactory. Valve OK. What then to sin? That’s right, the control unit remains!
I’m calling the client again. I explain the situation. The client does not believe, asks several times: “Is it exactly the control unit? Exactly?”.
Such questions are tired and I say in the heat of the moment:
– I put my reputation on the line! If this is not a control unit, then I quit! Dumb not a place in car repair!
The client also went into a rage and states in response:
– If not – I’ll throw the car into the quarry near your car service, pour gasoline on it and burn it!
So we agreed … we talked like adults.
Then I call my friend in the autodismantling. By the way, they always help me out and even throw up clinical cases of auto repair. I recommend: http://autolans.ru/
In response, I hear a familiar:
– Misha, are you sure? These blocks are almost eternal, they never fail. Sure sure?
Zadolbali. A petty little thought jumps inside, and what if it’s wrong, then … well, yes, I’ll really quit. I’m used to keeping the word. Imagine the passions of this repair?
I check myself again. Again, I carefully measure everything. Instead of the control unit, I put an ammeter. The current corresponds. Well, yes, then the control unit does not correctly interpret the testimony.
I’m calling a familiar electronic engineer. I ask if he can repair this control unit. In response, I hear a familiar:
– Are you sure that the reason is in it? I have never repaired these blocks, these blocks are almost eternal …
Twenty five again! Zadolbali! A friend continues:
– These blocks do not make sense to repair, they cost a penny on auto-dismantling.
What is true is true. And the devil pulled me to bet! The stakes are very high. Therefore, I calm down, and then again I carefully check everything, literally crawling, looking around at a quarter of the step of all the checks. No, everything is correct – the reason is in the control unit. My conclusions are correct. But if it is “suddenly” … if I’m wrong … and what, then “dumb is no place in a car service.” The word must be kept. Man.
The customer brings the unit. Gives. Himself settles on the sidelines and begins to carefully observe. I snap the connectors. I turn on the ignition. I look at the dashboard …
Complete victory. The malfunction is eliminated. Applause, Curtain)) !
Without keyword 2005 Mitsubishi Colt car. He came to our car service with a problem: “It somehow incomprehensibly works … poor throttle response,…
Without keyword Almost no one talks about the method of troubleshooting a car. And this is correct, because it is useless to talk about it. This is the…
Mitsubishi RVR (1999)
Without keyword Trouble Shooting Car Mitsubishi RVR, 2.4 liter, 1999 release, GDI. A good example of a “floating fault”: “the engine may start, or it may…
Without keyword Brought on a tow truck: “Doesn’t start”. I ask and clarify: “For no reason, for nothing stopped starting up, or was some work being…