Car travel is risk-free. How to prepare a car for a long road
According to VTsIOM, in the summer of 2015, 59% of Russians took vacations, but only 8% of them took vacations outside the country. At the same time, many went on a trip by car. Indeed, this is the easiest, most comfortable and profitable way to see the country. But before you go on a journey, you need to make sure that there are no risks. Continental experts have prepared a checklist – a checklist of what you need to pay attention to before you travel.
Such an examination will take only 5-10 minutes, but it will significantly reduce the risks, especially if you have a long road ahead. And first of all, you need to pay attention to three key indicators: tire integrity, pressure and tread depth.
- Inspect the tires carefully. Check all wheels, not forgetting the spare. Make sure that there are no punctures, blisters and other deformations..
- Check tire pressure. Well, if you make it a rule to check the pressure before each long trip, as well as at least once a month.
- Check the tread depth. The tread depth can be measured using a ruler, coin or other improvised materials. It should be at least 1.6 mm. At the same time, Continental recommends at least 3 mm for safe driving, since with a worn out tread, the braking distance on wet asphalt at a speed of 50 km / h becomes 8 meters longer. Check the center, inner and outer tread grooves of each tire, because they can wear out unevenly.
After you have made sure that the car is “shod” reliably, go over the list below:
- Check the level of all fluids (oil, antifreeze, brake fluid, washer fluid and, of course, fuel), top up if necessary.
- Make sure that the brake system, horn, headlights, washer and all instrumentation are working.
- See if the first aid kit, jack, fire extinguisher, warning triangle, tow rope, and required tool kit are in place.
- Make sure not to overload the car. Maximum allowable weight can be found in the owner’s manual..
- Check if all necessary documents are in place.
- Download maps to your GPS or get printed.
- If children are traveling with you, consider how you will entertain them all the way. Also make all kinds of snacks and trash bags.
- Collect a first-aid kit for all occasions.
- Breathe deeper – get ready for the fact that you can stand in traffic jams and meet on the way not the most polite drivers.
- Spend unforgettable time!
On vacation by car: how to prepare a car for a long trip
On vacation by car: how to prepare a car for a long trip Midsummer is the best time to travel the whole family . A car trip gives a feeling of freedom:…
How to prepare a car for a long trip
How to prepare a car for a long trip What elements and systems should be checked first. With the onset of warm weather, traveling by car turns into a…
How to drive on a wet road – Driving a car – A variety of tips for motorists – Everything for a car in St. Petersburg
How to drive on a wet road In the summer months, a significant part of Russia has heavy rainfall. Drivers quite often have to drive on wet asphalt and…
Do I need to prepare a car for a long trip?
Do I need to prepare a car for a long trip? Now it is difficult to find a city dweller whose life is complete without the use of road transport. A trip…